Powered by Blogger.

Color Me Scrappy #33 Reveal

I am so excited to be part of the new Color Me Scrappy Design Team, firstly I get to be challenged (and you know I love that) with colours and also I get to work with a group of fabulous ladies from all over the world.


Today is the reveal for challenge #33 and it is a bright and happy one and as well as these beautiful colours we want you to use the sketch below as well for a bit of a twist.




This is what I came up with...


The photo I used on this layout was taken last year at Melbourne Zoo - their baby elephant Mali was celebrating her first birthday so they organised a Mali's on Parade where various artists painted statues of her for charity. When I saw the colour scheme I knew that this photo was perfect.
The sketch was great for me to dig into my 6x6 paper pads which more often than not only come out for my PL album and also it was only right that I used that adorable little elephant from Amy Tangerine - it's so darn cute! (As a side note a couple of weeks ago Mali got a new sister, the Melbourne Zoo does an amazing job with their breeding program and it is wonderful to see them help preserve these beautiful animals that we are losing so quickly from the wild.)

Now you've seen what I have done head on over to Color Me Scrappy check out what the rest of the DT have created and play along. Do you like surprises? Of course you do! Well the prize for this challenge is a Mystery Grab Bag - how fun!

Hope you are enjoying your weekend and that you have some time to get scrappy,

4 comments

  1. love this and the colours are so awesome

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! Such a fun and fantastic page! I love everything about it and how you used the colors for the challenge here! Awesome!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm amazed to see all the different LOs when we used the same colors and the same sketch. You did a great job on this one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the texture those torn edges add, Manda, and those random little splashes add just the right amount of movement!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I read each and every one and appreciated them so much.