Powered by Blogger.

Life.Paper.Scrapbook. June Colour Challenge

I can't believe it is less than a week until the next issue of Life.Paper.Scrapbook. comes out! I have been so busy getting it finalised and hope people like it as much as the first issue.
Today I am sharing my layout for the latest LPS colour challenge. I really liked this colour palette because it added some colour to the dreary cold winter days here.
So I am still working through my stash of NY photos so I tried to keep the style similar to the other layouts I had done which is pretty clean and graphic.
\
I used the dark blue as a mount for the page and the photo, I selected a dark navy yet when I have photographed it, it appeared to be black. I am not sure why because in person it is clearly navy, I can only put it down to the lack of sunshine when I took the pictures. 
I have recently seen a few layouts that have used clusters of wood veneer so I thought I would do that as a centrepiece to the layout. I really like the way it came out and might try this with some other embellishment types too.
One of my new favourite things is the Pink Paislee Luxe Rub Ons, I like the little spots in different sizes because it is a quick way of adding the effect of splattered mists but with less mess. I wish they made sheets of just the dots in all different colours.

This months prize is a neat Amy Tangerine pack so make sure you head over to Life.Paper.Scrapbook. for more inspiration from the DT and for all the details you need to play along.
Thanks for stopping by,

17 comments

  1. oh your page is just a delight - really love the line of wood veneers - can't wait to see the 2nd edition :) all the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the black and white picture looks great on those happy colors :) and what a great way to use wood veneer! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohhhhhhhhh so pretty...love the line of veneers too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great layout. I really have to start my NY scrapbook...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also love the way you have lined up and clustered the wood veneer. That's a technique to try with other embellishments for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cool. Love that photo and how you added so much wood veneer as a border. Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. GORGEOUS!! Love what you've done with the wood veneer!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love love love your layout. I love what you did with the wood veneer.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those wood veneers look fantastic! I haven't seen them used this way before

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful, love the layering of wood pieces

    ReplyDelete
  11. All I can say is WOW! What a fabulous layout! Love how you used your stash of wood veneers!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh wow, LOVE that wood veneer border of embellishments! And your photo is stellar, too - very magazine-like, artsy feel to it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow!!!!!! I love this to bits!!! Awesome work!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love how you grouped the wood veneers! Super cool!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOVE all of the bits and pieces of veneers !!! Great layout Manda !!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I read each and every one and appreciated them so much.